There is a new service release of Setup Factory 7.0 (v 184.108.40.206) available. You can get the latest version by going to Help > Check for Update within the program. You can find a list of the latest fixes and enhancements here.
Here are direct links to the patches:
Setup Factory 7.0 Commercial and Deluxe Version
- Feature: Optimized the performance of project loading time and adding files when dealing with large file lists.
- Feature: Added Japanese language.
- Feature: Added an undocumented action called SessionVar.DumpToTable that returns a table indexed by session variable names and whose values are the variable values. This can be useful for debugging purposes.
- Feature: Added new Crypto category of actions. This category includes 9 new actions for encoding and decoding data. These are the same actions available in the Crypto plugin.
- Feature: Added new XML category of actions. This category includes 15 new actions for manipulating XML (Extensible Markup Language) files. These are the same actions available in the XML plugin.
- Feature: Added new Screen.SetStartScreen action that sets the first screen that will be displayed in the next screen list that is displayed. This action can be called to affect either the Before Installing or After Installing screens.
- Feature: Added a textual copy of the Setup Factory User's Guide to the help file.
- Feature: Added a new global variable called _BackupFolder which is the folder that files with the "Create backup" option enabled will be backed up to at runtime. If not defined, backup files are created in the same folder as the target file. Initially this variable is undefined.
- Feature: Now the SetupData.GetAppShortcutFolderPath action will return the application's shortcut folder path when called during the uninstall.
- Feature: Made it so that the task bar icon for the setup shows the text "Initializing" during the initial extraction.
- Feature: Added a new "Adding Files" preference called "Scan Version Information" that allows you to specify the types of files whose file information should be scanned when added to the project.
Bug Fixes & Changes
- Fix: Fixed a few problems with the HTTP. Submit action.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where if a language was added to a project after screens with controls on them were already in the project you could not properly add translated text for any new controls that were added to the screen.
- Fix: Made it so that File Set Attributes would not makes any changes to the file's compressed state unless the "Compressed" setting was specifically passed into the action.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where if the Application. Exit action was called during the execution of another action such as a File. Find, it would cause the exit not to work afterwards.
- Fix: Fixed a bug in the Folder. Create action where it would enable a folder with trailing spaces to be created. Now trailing spaces in the folder path are removed.
- Fix: Made it so that File Find, File Copy, File Move, File Delete and File Install all abbreviate the file paths displayed in the status dialog if it is visible and a callback function is not being used.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where session variables were not being defined in the uninstall if an install created with 220.127.116.11 was installed over top of an install created with 18.104.22.168 without uninstalling first. This would also cause uninstall images not to display.
- Fix: Fixed an error in the Math Round action that would cause incorrect results to be returned when using high decimal precision.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where HTTP Get File Size Secure would default the port value to 80 rather than 443.
- Fix: Made it so that the Import button on the Scrolling text screen will default to import HTML files if the Test Type is set to HTML files, and text files if the Text Type is set to text.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where languages with no secondary IDs in the language map file would sometimes fail to be recognized if at run time they returned a secondary ID.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where error code 2506 was mapped to an incorrect language file message ID.
- Fix: Made it so that when building a multi-segment installation (setup build is not "Web (Single File)") the launcher will no longer wait for the setup executable to finish unless the /W command line switch is passed in. This was done to eliminate problems with some very large multi-segment installs. Single file installs always wait for return regardless of the /W command line option.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where if Application. Exit was called from anywhere in the setup or uninstall, the log file would say the return code was 5. Note that the actual process return code was still correct in most cases.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where no matter which return code you specified in a call to Application. Exit from a screen, the application return code would be 5. Now you can do Application. Exit(0) and it will actually return 0 and not 5.
- Fix: Added a line to the end of the log file during uninstall that has the process return code of the uninstall.
- Fix: Made it so that all projects that were saved with version 22.214.171.124 or earlier have their screen's actions modified so that Application. Exit is replaced with Application. Exit(EXIT_REASON_USER_ABORTED). This is to make it properly return 5 as an exit code when aborting from a screen.
- Fix: Made it so that documents created from the right-click shell context menu in explorer open properly (they are 0 byte files).
- Fix: Fixed a bug where the title wasn't being saved in the project file's properties. This also affected the title shown on a project report.
- Fix: Fixed various help file bugs.
- Fix: Fixed a bug in the Import Registry Values feature where REG_SZ values were being added to the project as REG_MULTI_SZ values.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where renaming or removing build configurations from the Build Settings screen would not update the build configuration membership of files, primer files, serial number lists or included script files.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where a series of global variables were not being populated during the uninstall.
- Fix: Now built-in session variable values during the uninstall are reinitialized rather than being read from the uninstall configuration file.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where action plugin support files were not being included in the build properly.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where all primer files were being included in the setup regardless of the build configuration settings.
- Fix: Made it so that the cancellation of the build process is reported as an error, rather than being reported as a special event.
- Fix: Fixed a bug where the Dlg List Box Set Item Properties action would cause the setup to crash if used on a List Box screen using Check List Boxes.